Date: Tuesday May 6, 2014
Time: 8:30am - 1:30pm
Venue: Tamalpais Room (upstairs), David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
08:30 Arrival and refreshments
09:05-09:40 BiGCB and our relationship with other campus and non-campus activities.
- Organismal biology (Rosemary Gillespie)
- Ecoinformatics (Charles Marshall)
- Ecology and climate (David Ackerly)
09:40-10:00 A postdoc's perspective: leveraging BiGCB resources and a practical demonstration of rOpenSci (Karthik Ram, Assistant Researcher, BiGCB)
10:00-10:30 Opportunities for large scale synergistic activities
- Developing a research fundraising portfolio
- Resources are available to support grant development
- Mechanisms to nurture collaboration
- Responding to opportunities
- UC wide collaborative efforts
- NSF STC
- NSF NRT (replaced the IGERT)
11:00 Breakout Groups
- Undergraduate curriculum development. Preparing for The Presidential Chair Fellows Curriculum Enrichment Grant Program application.
- Postdoc and grad student rotations/training.
- Opportunities for large scale synergistic activities
12:00 Report back